Thursday, May 16, 2013

You have a Lifetime Guarantee

No one will be able to stand against you as long as you live. For I will be with you as I was with Moses. I will not fail you or abandon you. (Joshua 1:5 NLT)

A guarantee is a "formal promise or assurance (typically in writing) that certain conditions will be fulfilled." An example of a guarantee is the warranty that comes with a purchased product or a repaired merchandise. The warranty is a promise that if the product or merchandise develops a fault during the period that the warranty is in force, the manufacturer or repairer will either repair or replace it. Another form of guarantee is insurance. The insurer promises to repair, replace or compensate for the loss of something insured to the insured. A guarantee from a trusted source leads to peace of mind and confidence.

Our text today is a guarantee. God was the guarantor. He stated exactly what was guaranteed and for how long the guarantee would be in force. It was a lifetime guarantee. It was in force for as long as he lived. The promises of the guarantee were fourfold namely:

1. No successful opposition: No opposition against him would succeed
2. No loneliness . God would always be with him
3. No failure. God would not fail him
4. No abandonment. God would never leave him.

Anyone who has such a guarantee from the faithful God can go to bed and do his work in confidence knowing that he or she could never fail. Anyone with such guarantee is irrevocably bound to succeed, Walls of Jericho, giants in the land, battles or high mountains of opposition notwithstanding. It was a guarantee of a lifetime of success and victory. If you agree with this, that failure is impossible for anyone with such promises then read on.

So who else has such a guarantee from God apart from Joshua and Moses? Read the following passages to New Testament believers including you?

Don’t love money; be satisfied with what you have. For God has said, “I will never fail you. I will never abandon you.” So we can say with confidence, “The Lord is my helper, so I will have no fear. What can mere people do to me?” (Hebrews 13:5, 6 NLT)

What shall we say about such wonderful things as these? If God is for us, who can ever be against us? Since he did not spare even his own Son but gave him up for us all, won’t he also give us everything else? Who dares accuse us whom God has chosen for his own? No one—for God himself has given us right standing with himself. Who then will condemn us? No one—for Christ Jesus died for us and was raised to life for us, and he is sitting in the place of honor at God’s right hand, pleading for us. Can anything ever separate us from Christ’s love?... No, despite all these things, overwhelming victory is ours through Christ, who loved us. (Romans 8:31-37 NLT)

What do these promises imply? You have the same no- failure, no-loneliness, no-abandonment, no-successful-opposition guarantee Joshua had and even more. Joshua conquered lands with his guarantee and fulfilled his purpose in his generation. What will you do with yours?

Decision of the Day

I choose to rejoice and be confident in the no- failure, no-loneliness, no-abandonment, no-successful-opposition guarantee that God has given me in Christ. With this confidence, I will fulfill my purpose in my generation. I will not quit. I will not be discouraged. I will finish my course. I will keep the faith and I will fight the fight. My victory is guaranteed

No comments:

Post a Comment