Monday, April 4, 2011

April 3: Provoking the Father's Blessing

"Isaac said, "I am now an old man and don't know the day of my death. Now then, get your equipment—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me. Prepare me the kind of tasty food I like and bring it to me to eat, so that I may give you my blessing before I die." 

Isaac asked Esau to go out and hunt game and prepare him some tasty food so he could bless him. Why ask for food before releasing the blessing?

It is obvious from scriptures that there is some sort of connection between the satisfaction of a human custodian of the blessing and the release of the blessing from God. When the soul of the custodian is touched in one way or the other, the blessing is either released or withheld. If the touch is a pleasing touch, the blessing is provoked. If it is a displeasing touch, the blessing is withheld or a curse is provoked.

This principle is seen in God's promise to Abraham in Genesis 12:3  "I will bless those who bless you, and whoever curses you I will curse; and all peoples on earth will be blessed through you."

In order words, anyone that blesses a blessed person will in turn receive an impartation of the blessing from God, but anyone that curses a blessed person will be cursed of God. So it is possible to provide a cause for the blessing to be released by ministering to the soul of the blessing custodian. You can provoke a release of the blessing by ministering to the blessed. This is what Isaac was prepping Esau to do.

We can also see this principle in the new testament when the woman poured the fragrance from her alabaster box and wiped Jesus feet with her hairs. We see it when Peter gave his boat to Jesus to use and received a mind-blowing staggering catch of fish and a calling to be an apostle. We see it when the Philippians church ministered to Paul's personal needs and provoked an invocation of God's power for the supply of all their needs. 

"I rejoiced greatly in the Lord that at last you renewed your concern for me. Indeed, you were concerned, but you had no opportunity to show it...Yet it was good of you to share in my troubles. Moreover, as you Philippians know, in the early days of your acquaintance with the gospel, when I set out from Macedonia, not one church shared with me in the matter of giving and receiving, except you only; for even when I was in Thessalonica, you sent me aid more than once when I was in need.Not that I desire your gifts; what I desire is that more be credited to your account.I have received full payment and have more than enough. I am amply supplied, now that I have received from Epaphroditus the gifts you sent. They are a fragrant offering, an acceptable sacrifice, pleasing to God. And my God will meet all your needs according to the riches of his glory in Christ Jesus." (Philippians 4:10-19)

You too can use this principle to your advantage. Many people pray for blessings but it is far better to provoke a blessing than ask for it. To provoke it means doing things that will cause God   to release it without you asking for it. The more impact your act of service makes on the life of the custodian, the greater the blessing manifested. 

The blessing of God is all you need for your life. It is the end of your struggles. It was what was lost in Eden. Now you have access to it. You can increase its manifestation in your life by deliberately provoking its release. When you honor those that God honors you provoke the blessing. You can provoke the blessing by honoring your parents, pastors, spouse and those in the service of God. Always look for opportunities to do things to serve and touch the souls of those who occupy these positions in your life. Send them some gifts. Do some acts of service for them. Minister to their physical needs. Respect and honor them. Watch how you speak to them and about them.  Make this a consistent habit in your life. You will be amazed at how the blessing of God will flow continually in your life. 

Decision of the Day

I understand that I can provoke the blessing by blessing blessed people. By honoring those who are authority figures in my life with acts of service and material help, I can increase the manifestation of the blessing in my life. Today I decide that this will be my lifestyle. I will put thoughts into honoring my parents, pastors and spiritual leaders with tangible things. Rather than praying for the blessing, I will provoke it. God will honor me for this.

No comments:

Post a Comment