Wednesday, August 3, 2011

August 3: The Seven "I AMs of Jesus" 

"Then Moses said to God, “Indeed, when I come to the children of Israel and say to them, ‘The God of your fathers has sent me to you,’ and they say to me, ‘What is His name?’ what shall I say to them?” And God said to Moses, “I AM WHO I AM.” And He said, “Thus you shall say to the children of Israel, ‘I AM has sent me to you." (Exodus 3:13-14 NKJV)

God introduces Himself  to Moses by another name here, YHWH. The meaning of this Hebrew is commonly rendered as, "I AM", "I AM THAT I AM", "I WILL BE WHO I WILL BE", "I SHALL PROVE TO BE WHAT I SHALL PROVE TO BE", "I SHALL PROVE TO BE", “I WILL BE THAT I WILL BE” or “I WILL BECOME WHATSOEVER I PLEASE”

The name reveals the self-existence of God. He is "Being", without any cause. He is existence itself. The name is a sentence containing a promise, "I will be whoever or whatever I please." That is why in scripture we see the name used as a prefix to many of God's covenant names. For example, Yeshua (Jesus), is YHWH as our savior, YHWH Nissi is Him as our banner and so on.

What is the significance of this name to you? It is a revelation of God to you as the self-existent being who causes everything to be and can reveal Himself or act as whatever He chooses. In other words, in relation to us, He is whatever you need Him to be in His covenant promises. If you need healing, He becomes your physician. If you need provisions, He is your provider. If you need wisdom, He is your wisdom. If you need strength, He becomes the strength of your life. He is your shepherd, righteousness, sanctifier and peace- your all in all. He can be your success in that examination. He can be your marriage strengthener. He can be your business partner. To the widow He is a husband and to the Fatherless a Father. There is no limit to His revelation of Himself. He can be anything He pleases.

Jesus is also the I Am. Jesus said to them, “Most assuredly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I AM.” (John 8:58 NKJV). Check out the following statements from His mouth about who He is to us. 

1. And Jesus said to them, “I am the bread of life. He who comes to Me shall never hunger, and he who believes in Me shall never thirst. (John 6:35 NKJV)

2. Then Jesus spoke to them again, saying, “I am the light of the world. He who follows Me shall not walk in darkness, but have the light of life.” (John 8:12 NKJV)

3. Then Jesus said to them again, “Most assuredly, I say to you, I am the door of the sheep. (John 10:7 NKJV)

4. “I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd gives His life for the sheep. (John 10:11 NKJV)

5. Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in Me, though he may die, he shall live. (John 11:25 NKJV)

6. Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me. (John 14:6 NKJV)

7. “I am the true vine, and My Father is the vinedresser...“I am the vine, you are the branches. He who abides in Me, and I in him, bears much fruit; for without Me you can do nothing. (John 15:1,5 NKJV)


You should meditate on these seven statements of Jesus today. They speak of his nourishment, care, commitment protection, provisions and empowerment in your life.  Recognize that God is your source. There is nothing in or that will come up in your life that He lacks. He is all you will ever need. He is more than enough. Therefore seek Him only and cast all your cares on Him today.

Decision of the Day

I believe and declare that God is the Great I AM. He is everything to me. I will seek Him only. I will have no other pursuit but Him. Everything needed for my destiny is in Him. He is my sufficiency. 

No comments:

Post a Comment